[mapguide-users] MG and MSSQL performance

Ivan Miličević Ivan.Milicevic at supranet.hr
Fri Jul 15 01:38:10 EDT 2011

Hello users,

I'm having some issues with MG performance when is fetching a data from MS SQL 2008 R2 comes around. So, here are my questions about impacts on performance

1.       To have or not to have FDO metadata in the database?
For my project CS is not really important, so I keep everything in local CS (XY-M) but I did not define anywhere (map definition, data source definition) cs. Everything is set to default

2.       I have lot's of views. One or two of them is really pain in the ass. On the server side view execution plan is really fast but when Mapguide interact with him (selecting features) it's really slow (selecting is about 2sec)

3.       What is faster, fetching data from tables or views?

4.       Where can I find a sample of FDO metadata tables?

I hope so that answers are going to help a more than one Mapguide user.

Thank you.