[mapguide-users] ODBC FDO Exception when searching - layer renders fine though...

Mike Micallef Michael.Micallef at ontario.ca
Tue Jul 26 11:59:19 EDT 2011

I have a question for 2.2 -

Currently I am
Version 2.1.0.4283
on Apache

For the past several versions, I have not been able to get past an FDO
exception when working with ODBC connections.

For both shapefile joined (for polygon/line information)  and straight X,Y
reads (x,y in the Access Database) the layers do render properly and all
data is available when selecting (identifying)  in the properties window -
but i have not been able to succesfully search against the ODBC data that is
joined or by itself.

I have tried several things but no getting rid of the error...

Any ideas - I have seen a couple posts about seaching against ODBC for past
versions but nothing specific on why you cannot seach the data (mostly on
selecting via the API).

Is searching a joined shapefile and MSaccess table supported in version 2.1?
Is searching a joined shapefile and MSaccess table supported in version 2.2?

If so in either case - do you have any ideas?