[mapguide-users] Re: Ajax Viewer support for touch devices

benjanmin erictsn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 23:23:15 EDT 2011

Hi Nadia, Jackie,

I found the code from the file fusionSF.js. May I ask how to make it
workable in touch device like iPad?

    /**
     * Method: registerEvents
     * Registers events on the popup.
     *
     * Do this in a separate function so that subclasses can
     *   choose to override it if they wish to deal differently
     *   with mouse events
     *
     *   Note in the following handler functions that some special
     *    care is needed to deal correctly with mousing and popups.
     *
     *   Because the user might select the zoom-rectangle option and
     *    then drag it over a popup, we need a safe way to allow the
     *    mousemove and mouseup events to pass through the popup when
     *    they are initiated from outside.
     *
     *   Otherwise, we want to essentially kill the event propagation
     *    for all other events, though we have to do so carefully,
     *    without disabling basic html functionality, like clicking on
     *    hyperlinks or drag-selecting text.
     */
     registerEvents:function() {
        this.events = new OpenLayers.Events(this, this.div, null, true);

        this.events.on({
            "mousedown": this.onmousedown,
            "mousemove": this.onmousemove,
            "mouseup": this.onmouseup,
            "click": this.onclick,
            "mouseout": this.onmouseout,
            "dblclick": this.ondblclick,
            scope: this
        });

     },

    /**
     * Method: onmousedown
     * When mouse goes down within the popup, make a note of
     *   it locally, and then do not propagate the mousedown
     *   (but do so safely so that user can select text inside)
     *
     * Parameters:
     * evt - {Event}
     */
    onmousedown: function (evt) {
        this.mousedown = true;
        OpenLayers.Event.stop(evt, true);
    },

    /**
     * Method: onmousemove
     * If the drag was started within the popup, then
     *   do not propagate the mousemove (but do so safely
     *   so that user can select text inside)
     *
     * Parameters:
     * evt - {Event}
     */
    onmousemove: function (evt) {
        if (this.mousedown) {
            OpenLayers.Event.stop(evt, true);
        }
    },

    /**
     * Method: onmouseup
     * When mouse comes up within the popup, after going down
     *   in it, reset the flag, and then (once again) do not
     *   propagate the event, but do so safely so that user can
     *   select text inside
     *
     * Parameters:
     * evt - {Event}
     */
    onmouseup: function (evt) {
        if (this.mousedown) {
            this.mousedown = false;
            OpenLayers.Event.stop(evt, true);
        }
    },

    /**
     * Method: onclick
     * Ignore clicks, but allowing default browser handling
     *
     * Parameters:
     * evt - {Event}
     */
    onclick: function (evt) {
        OpenLayers.Event.stop(evt, true);
    },

    /**
     * Method: onmouseout
     * When mouse goes out of the popup set the flag to false so that
     *   if they let go and then drag back in, we won't be confused.
     *
     * Parameters:
     * evt - {Event}
     */
    onmouseout: function (evt) {
        this.mousedown = false;
    },

    /**
     * Method: ondblclick
     * Ignore double-clicks, but allowing default browser handling
     *
     * Parameters:
     * evt - {Event}
     */