[mapguide-users] Re: Map fails to load

frosty1_4me kbowman at cityofgp.com
Tue Jun 21 14:24:17 EDT 2011

We do have a very large GIS that's consuming alot of datasets.  We've done
our best to limit those SQL connections and are running as many SDF's as
possible but yes, we do still have some SQL database driven layers.  The
legend load seems to be a huge performance hog as far as I can tell from the
logs.

Our map layers are running, are around 150 layers so far.  Our server is
brand new and quite large so that shouldn't be an issue.  The performance of
the map when it's loaded is actually very good, we've got it loading almost
as fast as 6.5 in most instances.

When restarting the service and IIS, the applications pools are also
recycled.