[mapguide-users] MapGuide Open Source 2.2 Release Candidate 4 released

Andrew DeMerchant andrew.demerchant at gemtec.ca
Sat Mar 19 14:28:59 EDT 2011

I'm not setup to build - so I can't do any patching...I could certainly
do some testing though, if someone could get me a test build.

In other news, I just installed IE9 and tested out on my server which is
running MGOS v2.2.0.5354 (I think that's RC2)....worked perfectly fine
for me. My site's AJAX though - could be that the guy that posted about
this problem was either a) using Fusion (which I can't test right now,
since I don't have any Fusion sites), or b) had a beta of IE9 which was,
indeed, broken.....or maybe c) that the version after 2.2.0.5354 breaks
IE9 compatibility, I suppose. Though, that seems unlikely.

Anyway - I just wanted to give my 2cents on this...I just think that we
should make sure that either MGOS 2.2 supports all major browsers out of
the box, or else gets a patch asap - I'm not sure when IE9 will be
pushed out through Windows Update and WSUS, but when it does, we need to
be sure that MGOS is up to snuff for it.....like I said, from what I can
tell at the moment, it seems to work fine (or worst case, worked fine
very recently).

Andrew