[mapguide-users] MGOS 2.2 RC4 64bit - problem with references

Greg gbneff at cid.utah.gov
Mon Mar 21 14:17:47 EDT 2011

I am trying to modify a .net mapguide web application using:

MGOS 2.2 RC4 64bit
visual studio 2010
windows 7 64 bit
iis 7.5

I receive the following warning in visual studio: ASP.NET runtime error:
Could not load file or assembly 'OSGEO.MapGuide.Foundation' or one of its
dependencies.  An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect
format.

and when open my web page I get:

The type initializer for 'OSGEO.Mapguide.MapguideApiPINVOKE' threw and
exception.

I have read the following post and followed its suggestions with no luck:

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Compile-Error-An-attempt-was-made-to-load-a-program-with-an-incorrect-format-td6153978.html

This application was working great on another windows 7 64 bit machine but
using MGOS 2.2 Beta 32bit.

I have copied the following 64 bit dlls to my application bin directory and
added references to the same:

OSGeo.Mapguide.Foundation.dll
OSGeo.Mapguide.Geometry.dll
OSGeo.Mapguide.MapguideCommon.dll
OSGeo.Mapguide.PlatformBase.dll
OSGeo.Mapguide.Web.dll

corflags for all shows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC>corflags.exe
"C:\Program
Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\www\Cid_Map\bin\OSGeo.MapGuide.Foundation.dll"
Microsoft (R) .NET Framework CorFlags Conversion Tool.  Version  4.0.30319.1
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Version   : v2.0.50727
CLR Header: 2.5
PE        : PE32+
CorFlags  : 1
ILONLY    : 1
32BIT     : 0
Signed    : 0

Target framework is .net 2.0
Build Platform is Any CPU
MapGuideApplicationPool (of which my application is a member) Enable 32-Bit
Applications is False and .NET Framework Version is v2.0

Is anyone using this type of configuration?  Am I missing  something?  Would
I be better to use the 32 bit version of Mapguide?

Thanks