[mapguide-users] MapGuide Maestro 3.0 beta 2 now available

Homan, Thomas thoman at co.gila.az.us
Tue Mar 22 13:31:06 EDT 2011

ditto

-tom

From: mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Martin Morrison
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 10:22 AM
To: MapGuide Users Mail List
Subject: RE: [mapguide-users] MapGuide Maestro 3.0 beta 2 now available

???? Works for me...

Martin Morrison
Application Engineer
Engineering Design Systems, Inc.
3780 Peters Creek Rd Ext SW
Roanoke, VA  24018
540.345.1410
gis.edsi.com

From: mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Lorenzon
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 1:15 PM
To: MapGuide Users Mail List

Hi Jack, download doesn't start... Neither .exe nor .zip..

Is there any mirror site?

Thanks, Thomas
2011/3/22 Jackie Ng <jumpinjackie at gmail.com<mailto:jumpinjackie at gmail.com>>
Hi All,

I am happy to announce the 2nd beta release of MapGuide Maestro 3.0 is now
available for download:

NSIS installer:
http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/maestro/MapGuideMaestro-Release-3.0b2-Setup.exe

Zip package:
http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/maestro/MapGuideMaestro-3.0b2-Release.zip

Remember is that this is a beta release. This release should be used for
testing purposes and feedback. Use for production purposes at your own risk.

Also with this release I would like to start inviting interested parties to
begin offering translations for this version of Maestro. The translation
system is the same as previous versions, however given that this version is
mostly rewritten from scratch, most of the existing translations are no
longer applicable. So for this release, I've reset the list of translation
contributors. Your name will be added/re-listed on the credits if you
provide a translation for this version of Maestro.

If you need a refresher course in translating Maestro, the link is here:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/maestro/Translation

Some of the new stuff (from beta 1):

 - Implemented specialized WMS feature source editor
 - Added missing connection testing functionality for file-based feature
source editors

Beta 2 also has a boatload of fixes for various defects discovered in beta 1
and earlier test builds.

Once again, some general notes when testing this build:

 - Found a bug? Ask yourself: Did this bug exist in Maestro 2.x, and hence
is a known problem?
 - Similarly, that Maestro 2.x issue you filed in Trac some time ago: Has it
been fixed or successfully worked around with this release?
 - So generally speaking, it really helps to have an existing installation
of Maestro 2.x on hand (current release being 2.1.4) as a baseline
comparison to whether something has been fixed or broken.
 - Filed an issue under the previous test build or beta? Did this release
fix this issue for you?
 - All existing Maestro tickets will be re-targeted to the maestro-3.0
milestone
 - Something breaks when running in Mono? It helps to specify the expected
behaviour when running in Windows. Screenshots help as well. Also indicate
the version of Mono

- Jackie