[mapguide-users] Band Width Recommendation for Mapguide Enterprise

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Wed Mar 30 14:00:38 EDT 2011

Hello Brad,

It depends on the data you are serving.  For example, 50 to 100 kbytes/sec per concurrent user should be sufficient to handle vector maps similar to Sheboygan.  You may need more bandwidth for maps displaying raster data.  Using PNG8 and JPG will improve bandwidth usage.  PNG8 vector overlays with a base map tiled JPG for raster imagery is likely the most "bandwidth miserly" setup.

50 kbytes/sec * 8 bits/byte * 15 users = 6 Mbits/sec

A burstable connection with per gigabyte billing may be more cost effective if it is offered by your ISP.

Regards,
Trevor