[mapguide-users] Server Error in '/mapguide/mapviewerajax' Application.

Francesco Sozzi fsozzi at intercad.ch
Wed Mar 30 19:27:10 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I've just installed Mapguide on a Windows Server 2003.
On that server I've also installed .net 2.0, 3.5 and 4.0 (I have application
on 4.0).
I've also installed Maestro and when I try to browse any resource directly
(layer, map, layout) from Maestro I get:

Server Error in '/mapguide/mapviewerajax' Application.

The resource cannot be found.
dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is
temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that
it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL:
/mapguide/mapviewerajax/eurl.axd/2879cdc3a0e9a246b980c01c0a41791e/

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053;
ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053

If I try to open weblayout programmatically I get:

Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
currently unavailable.  Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser
to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific
request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server.
Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

I checked log for both IIS and MG but not found any interesting info.

Another strange thing is that after receiving the last error message my IIS
seems busy and I have to run iisreset.

Any suggestions?...

Best regards

Francesco