[mapguide-users] Mapguide-Apache URL rewrite

ggdm giudim86 at libero.it
Thu Mar 31 17:34:12 EDT 2011

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to rewrite URLs in Apache through mod_rewrite extension, in
orderto:

1. Shorten and simplify links to maps;
2. Hide real URLs to users.

My thought was to point to something like:

http://www.somesite.com/gis

and going directly to:

http://www.somesite.com/mapguide/fusion/template/mapguide/slate/index.html?ApplicationDefinition=Library://SomeFolder/SomeFlexibleLayout.ApplicationDefinition

No matter how long/hard I tried, I didn't succed in it

My best result was editing httpd.conf and adding after

this:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /mapguide/
RewriteRule ^gis
fusion/template/mapguide/slate/index.html?ApplicationDefinition=Library://SomeFolder/SomeFlexibleLayout.ApplicationDefinition

This way it redirects but didn't load anything (blank white page, although I
can read "slate" in my tab name)

Any help is really appreciated.