[mapguide-users] Re: Mapguide OS 2.2 With Google

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 17:44:33 EDT 2011

argy wrote:

> how to integrate 2.2 with google maps MGOS ​​v3
>
> appreciate your help

"how to integrate". Integrate what? In what way do you want for MapGuide and
Google Maps to talk to each other? We are not psychic here! We do not know
of your intentions or requirements! How can you expect anyone on this
mailing list to give a reasonable answer when the question such as "how to
integrate" is so abstract and lacking in important details!

Do you ever wonder why people like Zac give short and blunt responses to
questions like this? It's because questions like this implies laziness on
the part of the original poster, expecting other users to "guess" your
intent.

And why do we say "just google it!" or "RTFM" most of the time? Because
Google is the #1 search engine for a reason and the existing
documentation/knowledgebase covers the rest! Of course Google/documentation
can fail from time-to-time, but if you don't qualify this in your original
post we assume Google/documentation has already covered it and we point you
in that direction accordingly.

Apologies if this sounded inflammatory and hostile, but it's for a reason.
This mailing list gets short and lazy questions like this every time! Ask
smart questions and you will get smart answers!

- Jackie