[mapguide-users] IE9 and frameset: how can I replace with something comaptible?

Francesco Sozzi fsozzi at intercad.ch
Mon May 16 12:04:25 EDT 2011

Hi list,

I think I have a problem common to many others and may be some easy solution
is already around.

In Internet Explorer 9 frameset are not supported and a page using them can
be opened only in compatibility mode (I would avoid).

I use frameset only for the starter page which is conceptually very simple:
a banner and a resizable mapguide weblayout. I got it from samples.

Are there any ready solution to replace frameset with something else IE9
compatible?

I thing the solution should be using div, css and iframe. My problem here is
that I've made many attempt but I have problem on setting right style
parameters to simulate the following:

<head runat="server">

    <title></title>

</head>

        <frameset id="idFrameset" rows="0,*" frameborder="no"
framespacing="0" runat="server">

               <frame id="idFBanner" frameborder="no" marginwidth="0"
marginheight="0" scrolling="no"  runat="server"/>

               <frame id="idFMap" frameborder="no" marginwidth="0"
marginheight="0" scrolling="no" runat="server"/>

        </frameset>

Any suggestions?...