[mapguide-users] RE: Changing custom PoolSize for GDAL has no effect

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Sun May 29 12:46:52 EDT 2011

Hi Haris,

I fixed the refcount and removed the global mutex on the GDAL side (there is still one on MapGuide connection pool side).

The changes I had made to MapGuide were in order to allow opening of multiple GDAL connections at the same time. However, they are not strictly necessary or related to the other fix -- one can choose how to use GDAL by setting the pool size in the config file. My change to the provider simply allowed to set the pool size to more than 1 for GDAL on the MapGuide side, but did not require it.

The schema thing was an independent optimization which is necessary if one increases the number of pooled connections and allows MapGuide to open and close them like for other providers.

Traian