[mapguide-users] Anyone tried copying DWF files from library to session repository?

tmblackflag steve.calpoly at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 13:39:43 EST 2011

A few layers out of my maps must source from DWF files. I don't want the user
to have to publish from Map 3D so I am trying to copy DWF files at night to
the server. So I don't have to have a separate drawing source file for every
facility we have, on runtime I am then attempting to copy from the library
to session repository but am getting "RESOURCE NOT FOUND" errors.

I've manually copied the DWF file into
Library://DataFiles/DWF/TYSONCOF01.dwf

Here is the server side code to copy it to the session repository:

floor1 = myFacilityName.dwf
MgByteReader dwfByteReader = resourceService.GetResourceContent(new
MgResourceIdentifier("Library://DataFiles/DWF/" + replaceStr));
MgResourceIdentifier newDWF = new MgResourceIdentifier("Session:" +
sessionId + "//" + floor1);
resourceService.SetResource(newDWF, dwfByteReader, null);

error message:

<2011-11-07T10:56:16> 	2524	Ajax Viewer	10.18.3.1	Administrator
 Error: Failed to stylize layer: Anchor Logo
        Resource data was not found: TYSONCOF01.dwf
 StackTrace:
  - MgMappingUtil.StylizeLayers() line 820 file
d:\build\mge2012\build_42.2\ent\os\server\src\services\mapping\MappingUtil.cpp