[mapguide-users] Re: Fusion Error: WARNING: Exception Occured in AJAX Callback.

soudemans soudemans at ruekert-mielke.com
Thu Nov 10 15:50:29 EST 2011

Mike,

> 1 - I am not sure how to do that.  It sounds like you would like to test
> my
> new projection (WIS-S NAD 27 (Meter)) but I don't have that, and I have
> absolutely no idea how and where I would create that.
There should be a text box in map tab in Studio for your coordinate
system with a string in it that looks like on this page:
http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/32054/prettywkt/, it's that string
I need.
/I think MapGuide Studio uses some kind of data storage file that came with
the installation, since I can't find anything in the map tab other than the
specification for the current coordinate system "WI-S (NAD27 Wisconsin State
Planes, South Zone(4803), US Foot)" and a button which brings up the list of
available coordinate systems/

> 2 - A good question.  I have no idea how to check what version of Fusion
> we
> are running.  I would like to be sure before requesting that the IS person
> installs a new version.  Also, could you be specific which core version I
> would need to download?
Probably best if you stick to distributions then you can get the latest
from http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/
/See below/

> 3 - The problem is not with the website, it is with MapGuide Studio.  The
> website works fine.  The problem is that the error prevents me from
> proceeding with creating the data connection to SQL Server in MapGuide
> Studio.

That may be but there is definitely an error being thrown in Fusion that
may be easy to spot if we can see the web page.  Have you tried MapGuide
Meastro? http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/maestro That is the
equivalent to Studio but may work better.
/The site is only run locally (LocalHost) at this point.  I am working on
this for a client using remote desktop and they are concerned about security
breaches.  I checked the MapGuide page, it comes up no problem and there are
no errors or exceptions.  As of this moment I only have one layer in the map
layout.  If you tell me what Errors I should be looking for, I can see if I
can spot them  As far as trying Maestro, I hadn't considered doing that.  It
would be pretty pathetic if the freeware version worked better than the paid
version.  Again I would have to go back to the client and ask them to
install Maestro.  I can only imagine what kinds of raised eyebrows I'll get
for that request/

Sierk