[mapguide-users] MapGuide folder permissions strange behaviour

Alex Kob a.kobelev at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 11:43:24 EST 2011

Hello all,

I'm trying to implement following security scheme:
1. There three folders:
-- Demo
---- Demo_A
---- Demo_B
2. Two group of users: Users_A and User_B.
3. Users_A have all permissions on folder Demo_A, Users_B have all
permissions on folder Demo_B.
4. Both of this groups cannot create new folders in top-level folder Demo,
so they limited to predefined set of folders.

So, i have set permissions as: give Users_A Read/Write on Demo_A, give
Users_B Read/Write on Demo_B. And give to both of them Read only on Demo.
But this scheme doesn't work as expected. Users cannot create any files in
folders because Read only permissions are strangely inherited, even if they
manually set.
If I get Read/Write to Demo (I must also give Read/Write to whole server!),
then users will be able to create new folders....

Is this a bug or feature? Is there any solutions?