[mapguide-users] Re: Can we apply filter on geometry column

Mauricio Villablanca mgvillablanca at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 02:53:55 EST 2011

LIKE or IN wont' work since geometries are neither strings nor lists. They
are .... geometries. The geometry is created by using GeomFromText (in
Mapguide Studio). The available geometries are:

static const INT32 	CurvePolygon = 11
static const INT32 	CurveString = 10
static const INT32 	LineString = 2
static const INT32 	MultiCurvePolygon = 13
static const INT32 	MultiCurveString = 12
static const INT32 	MultiGeometry = 7
static const INT32 	MultiLineString = 5
static const INT32 	MultiPoint = 4
static const INT32 	MultiPolygon = 6
static const INT32 	Point = 1
static const INT32 	Polygon = 3

I suggest you check the MgGeometry class of the Web API for details and the
Mapguide Studio help to see how to create geometry filters.