[mapguide-users] RE: Points from Sql/ODBC data source not showing

soudemans soudemans at ruekert-mielke.com
Mon Nov 28 14:13:31 EST 2011

Thanks Jonathan for your reply,

Jonathon McIntyre-2 wrote

> Did you end up getting it working?
>
> If not, can you provide some info on:
>    1. How many points are you talking about?  Given it is a test dataset I
>    am assuming it is not really large.
>    2. Can you view the attributes in the Feature Source? If you preview,
> do
>    they display?
>    3. Have you tried resetting the schema?
>    4. Often times if you can see the feature source but not the layer then
>    physically deleting the layer and recreating will help.
>    5. Have you run MG in debug mode?  Any errors show up?

No I didn't get it working Yet
1. 35 records
2. In the feature source I have created a successful connection, I can see
the table in question and I can select the columns for the X and Y
coordinate, but I don't see a way to preview attributes.  When I create a
layer, using the created datasource I see the field names in the settings, I
am able to theme the data, but when I try to preview the data I get nothing.
3. By resetting the schema I am assuming you mean to click the reset button
just above the Connection String window in the Configure ODBC connection
section of the Feature Source editor.  If it is not please let me know how
to do that.  And yes I did click the Reset button, though it didn't seem to
do much.
4. Tried deleting and recreating the layer several times. No luck
5.  That is a new one to me.  I managed to turn debug mode on (See
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MGOS21GdalProvider
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MGOS21GdalProvider   and tried it again.
I am getting a "Resource ID does not refer to a valid feature source" error.
I looked online to see if I could extract an answer but I could not figure
out how to implement the suggested solutions.