[mapguide-users] Feature source join works on table but not view?

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 21:23:25 EDT 2011

have you added the spatial meta data for the view in Oracle
and then create both an index on the view and a PK?

It's required as it makes the views appear like normal spatial tables
for FDO... search the list archives as this has been explained before

I would recommend completely avoiding the feature joins and
stick to database views, it's far more efficient.

That said, this RFC for FDO 3.6 which IMS uses should really
improve the performance of feature joins as it generates a joined
SQL query (for joins using the same connection) rather than multiple
requests, but alas mapguide doesn't support this yet

http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FDORfc50

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 11:25 AM, tmblackflag <steve.calpoly at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've found the join features are extremely limited in studio using the
> Autodesk FDO provider for Oracle. for this reason I've created a view that
> handles all my logic and then do a simple join from my feature source.
>
> Oddly, this works if I join to a physical table, but not to a join with the
> exact same columns and data types. Has anyone else experience this issue?
>
> infrastructure map server 2012 w/ Studio.

Zac Spitzer
Solution Architect / Director
Ennoble Consultancy Australia
http://www.ennoble.com.au