[mapguide-users] Some details on the default Query Features tool

Jamo adam.jamison at portbris.com.au
Thu Oct 20 02:20:26 EDT 2011

Hey guys this is not the usual omg it doesn't work post :)

I actually found something out by doing the hard yards !!!!

I have been using a mssql spatial DB that was created some time ago and it
has never had a spatial extents set...
Now insert problem the default search / query was never working correctly
for me until I assigned a coordinate system to it using a method the
coordsysext.txt file....

I've noticed a few people reporting issues with the search function, for me
after I added the coord system everything seems to be working.

I reckon the suspect code is here in query.php

If the getspatialcontexts is returning null maybe it bombs out the search?
I haven't looked at a way to bypass this, perhaps use no transformation and
just take the maps default?

Anyhow just thought I'd let everyone know that might be having issues to
check you have a valid cordinate system defined etc etc

cheers