[mapguide-users] Scalebar: TypeError, Fusion Error, and NS_ERROR_DOM_INVALID_ACCESS_ERR

Berg, Leandros van den [FGSBV] L.vdBerg at fugro.nl
Fri Oct 21 11:07:19 EDT 2011

Hello mapguide-users,

I've been trying to get the Fusion Scalebar widget to work with Internet
Explorer and Firefox but keep getting these errors. When I open the
public url of my FlexibleLayout this TypeError in OpenLayers.js comes up
in the console of firebug:

TypeError: func.apply is not a function
    return func.apply(object, newArgs);

And a Fusion Error pop-up stating:

Fusion Error:
WARNING: Exception occurred in AJAX callback.

Catching the TypeError, logging it to the console, and setting a
breakpoint on it, the object in func.apply appears to be string
"Scalebar". Having caught the TypeError, the Fusion error doesn't pop up
anymore.

Because I log the error to the console I'm also seeing a
NS_ERROR_DOM_INVALID_ACCESS_ERR error with the message:

"A parameter or an operation is not supported by the underlying object"

The filename in the error is scalebartool.js. According to the comments
in Scalebar.js, this error should have been resolved with
windows.setTimeout.

I'm using the following applications:
Firefox 7.0.1
MapGuide Maestro 3.5.0.6071
MapGuide Open Source  2.2.0.5703

I've have been firebugging for two days now and I can't seem to figure
it out. Does anybody know where or what the problem might be and, more
importantly, how to solve it.

Kind regards,

Leandros