[mapguide-users] Re: Here's some stress testing on Mapguide

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 22:40:12 EDT 2011

how long is a piece of string?

1. what's the difference between internal and external users?
2. what format are your maps served in? PNG maps are much bigger than PNG8
maps
3. what are you users doing? just displaying a map or drilling down and
panning around
4. how large are your users screens, 24" screens need more bandwidth than
22" screens
5. how much data can you server deliver at 80% load, you may be server
constrained before
you run out of bandwidth

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 2:38 AM, benjanmin <erictsn at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm finding a tool for evaluating the network sizing. As the mapguide
> server
> will serve the user from the internal and external, I have to calculate the
> network sizing. How many bandwidth does it need for the external user/
> internal user?
>
> Please introduce the tool if you have idea. Thanks.

Zac Spitzer
Solution Architect / Director
Ennoble Consultancy Australia
http://www.ennoble.com.au