[mapguide-users] Re: fusion viewer performance vs basic viewer

frosty1_4me kbowman at cityofgp.com
Fri Sep 23 11:46:29 EDT 2011

Thats the thing.  I haven't tiled any of the maps we are using, I just
created a basic layout with no changes to the map itself and it loads as
fast as any map I've seen on the net. (google included).  The fusion layouts
I just don't see getting to that point given the amount of code that's
loaded when the layout renders.  (ie.  openlayers libraries)

@Denis, that's my fear that MG will eventually die.  I see it more and more,
Autodesk seems to be distancing themselves from MG IMO.  The sessions on it
have decreased repeatedly over the years at conferences I've attended (with
the exception of Gords presentations. ;o)  and with the lack of
documentation/support for MGE it would appear at least to myself that it's
going down a dark path.  I for one hope that is not the case.