[mapguide-users] Re: how to add an vehicle icon and trace line to mapguide ?

captainst quchenxy at yeah.net
Fri Sep 23 23:50:38 EDT 2011

Thank you Gordon.

I have searched a bit on your suggested option. There might be a problem:
the map has to refresh to show the X and Y. If I need to display 20 vehicles
on the map, each with a position update interval of 1~5 seconds, then the
user will always see the map in refreshing state.

I think that in this case I am not able to avoid JavaScript, which shows the
icons/lines on the brower side. To do this I need to use OpenLayer, is that
correct ?