[mapguide-users] Re: MgCooker performances

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 22:57:09 EDT 2012

I would suggest on a four core machine, perhaps 8 concurrent requests,
depending on how heavy your map is to render.

anything running in a VM is also going to be a bit slower than a non virtualised
machine, especially whilst running a cpu intensive application

you just need to experiment to see which config ends up driving the
load at close to 100% cpu.

ignore the time estimate and focus on the tiles remaining / throughput,
the current time esitimate reminds me of "microsoft minutes" whilst copying
lots of files.

also mgcooker defaults to 1 concurrent request which means you are
tiling a single tile at a time, which obviously is the slowest approach
available.