[mapguide-users] Re: Dropping the "open source" from product name for 2.4 release?

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Tue Apr 24 11:46:01 EDT 2012

"Autodesk MapGuide" is a trademark as per http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=870914.  Switching to just "MapGuide" may be too close to the registered trademark.  I would advise against it.

Since Autodesk named the project "MapGuide Open Source" back in '06(?), I would continue with that.

Regards,
Trevor