[mapguide-users] MapGuide Open Source 2.4 Preview Release 2

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 11:49:28 EDT 2012

Hi All,

I've put up a 2nd preview release of MapGuide Open Source 2.4. Besides the
regular Windows installers, this release also includes 32-bit binaries for
Ubuntu Linux 11.10 (yes that right!) and new InstantSetup zip bundles
(configured via the MgInstantSetup utility). There are no binaries yet for
CentOS (still some kinks to work out)

The InstantSetup bundles are recommended if you desire a non-standard
installation of MapGuide and/or want to have an installation of MGOS 2.4
side-by-side with an older release.

FDO is still currently the 3.7 beta1 SDK, and the 3.7 beta1 CentOS SDK for
Ubuntu.

This release is mainly for locking down and stabilizing the installer/build
infrastructures so we can the put out beta/RC/final releases without any
major installer issues. Most/all installer related issues should be fixed
now. Also SVN metadata is *optional* as of this release. This release is
built from r6579 of the 2.4 branch.

Downloads available from the updated release notes:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/Release/2.4/Notes

I've also blogged about what's new in the 2.4 installer:

http://themapguyde.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/mapguide-open-source-24-comprehensive.html

- Jackie

Note: InstantSetup bundles are still uploading as of this post. So wait a
few hours.