[mapguide-users] How to connect the Postgres database table to MapGuide?

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 21:47:09 PDT 2012

the best approach when working with a database (as opposed to shp,sdf etc)
is to create a view which combines the tables and presents the data
as you require it.

I  haven't done this myself with postgis, but with oracle, once the
view is created,
you need to define the primary key and create an entry in the
SDO_GEOM_METADATA tables, that way you satisfy the FDO requirement
of a primary key and a spatial column