[mapguide-users] using views

Jonathan Rizzo jrizzo at Langan.com
Thu Aug 2 08:04:48 PDT 2012

Hello List,

I have a site which I created using SQL Server 2008 to store all of the data.  The site works great, but one operation seems to be particularly slow.  I created a view to join a polygon feature source with some other database data, and I use that view to define my layer.  This works, but is extremely slow.  It can take anywhere from 2-9 seconds to query the layer, depending on server loadSQL Server is telling me that the offending query is just a SELECT statement which calls [geom].STIntersects in the 'WHERE' clause (presumably to find all of the polygons within the extents of the map).  .  The table contains less than 1000 polygons, and the query should select less than 100 of them.

I KNOW that joins like this are a performance issue with MapGuide, but I was wondering if there are any "best practices" documented anywhere to improve performance to the maximum extent possible, such as how to define any indexes.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

Jonathan Rizzo
Senior Applications Developer
Direct: 201.398.4650
Mobile: 551.206.5782
Fax: 201.398.4850

Langan Engineering & Environmental Services
Phone: 201.794.6900   Fax: 201.794.0366
619 River Drive Center 1
Elmwood Park, NJ 07407-1338
www.langan.com <http://www.langan.com>

Langan's goal is to be SAFE (Stay Accident Free Everyday)

NEW JERSEY   NEW YORK   CONNECTICUT   PENNSYLVANIA   VIRGINIA   FLORIDA   CALIFORNIA
ABU DHABI   ATHENS   DOHA   DUBAI   ISTANBUL

This electronic transmission may contain confidential, proprietary or privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is intended to be waived or lost by erroneous transmission of this message. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this message from your system. Disclosure, use, distribution or copying of this message, any attachments thereto or their contents is strictly prohibited.