[mapguide-users] using views

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 19:49:40 PDT 2012

tuning this such a query is very normal database tuning

there is a tuning advisor is the sql server tools and you can run an explain
plain to see what the database is doing.

the extremely basic rule of thumb is you should have indexes on the
joined columns

another thing to check, are the polygons very dense, like 5mm resolution?

BTW: if you are doing using a join in the database, the performance
issue has nothing
to do with mapguide, it's all about the db, the sql and your data

here is some useful info about tuning stintersects

http://go4answers.webhost4life.com/Example/slow-stintersects-108797.aspx