[mapguide-users] MGOS 2.2 - WMS problems with Meastro

Gabriele Monfardini gabrimonfa at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 09:57:25 PDT 2012

Hi,

> No luck loading the ArcServer WMS into a new MG 2.4 installation, same
> error. The Service Loads fine in Arcmap, ArcGIS.com, and Google. I have a
> feeling its an issue with projection. If you can have a look at the Getcap
> info. Perhaps when you get a chance you could run it through your system to
> acquire the WMS.
>
> Here are my parameters coming from ArcServer;
>
> http://www.geomapix.com/lgswebadaptor/services/BaMosaic2/ImageServer/WMSServer?request=GetCapabilities&service=WMS

I've made some test (I'm interested in trying to setup Mapguide to consume WMS).
I have mapguide 2.4 on centos.

First of all, I've tried to load the layer under a fairly good WMS
client, a recent version of QGIS.
All works, even if the layer is quite heavy (at higher scales, it
downloads over 1MB each time).

Under maestro (compiled from source some days ago), I'm able to setup
the Feature Source. Testing connection does not show any error (the
URL used is " http://www.geomapix.com/lgswebadaptor/services/BaMosaic2/ImageServer/WMSServer?"
I'm also able to create a layer over it.

It automatically fill the Feature Source field of the layer with
"WMS_Schema:_x30-", and the Geometry Property with "Raster".

And here stops the good news.
In fact previewing the layer or previewing a map with only this layer
end up in the following error:

<2012-08-24T18:54:59>   -1463587984     MapGuide Maestro v5.0.0.6640
 10.1.1.9        Administrator
 Error: An exception occurred in FDO component.
        Error occurred in Feature Source
(Library://data/prova_wms.FeatureSource): FDO Feature Class '_x30-'
was not found. (Cause: , Root Cause: FDO Feature Class '_x30-' was not
found.)

So, better luck than you but does not work out of the box.
Maybe the "_x30-" is related to something you can control on WMS Server side?

Regards,

Gabriele Monfardini