[mapguide-users] Step by Step for ECW and MGOS 2.4

Steve G stevenlgolden at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 13:09:25 PDT 2012

Gordon has the money shot...however, I have noticed some problems with
setting up the feature sources in Maestro using alias connections (both file
and folder).  Basically, when you set up a connection to an alias using the
"Single" feature type, the path is correctly displayed.  But when you do the
same connection to an alias using the "Composite" feature type, the path to
the alias is incorrect.  See attached screenshots.  The following example is
what composite connections display:

Aerials\2011Aerials\ECW_2000x3000/620751871.ecw

I believe The last slash should be a forward slash "\" not a backward slash
"/".  I found this problem with Maestro versions 3.5, 4, and 5.  I think I
isolated this as being my problem over the last couple of days with not
getting GDAL to work properly (and have a couple of more gray hairs to show
for it).  I am not sure if there is a ticket yet or something that has just
been overlooked for a while.

Also, another FYI...I found that when you "Preview" the feature source of
alias files from Maestro and click on "View Data", it may display "Total
Entries: 0" but will also display a list of the file paths.  This is good.
If it displays "Total Entries: -1" this is bad.  With file system
connections it seems to display the correct number of files and the names of
the files (no path) as long as the provider is installed and MGOS is
configured correctly.  The other way to make sure that everything is set up
properly (this probably goes without saying) is save your feature source and
then create a layer based on that feature source...when you preview the
layer, your raster(s) should be rendered properly.

I hope this helps.

-Steve

http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4998405/single.png
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4998405/composite.png