[mapguide-users] Cannot connect to large SDF files anymore

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Sat Dec 8 10:45:12 PST 2012

Hi Kieran,

sorry for the late reply!

No, I haven't found a solution to this problem. I converted my initial data
from SDF to SQLite and remove some unimportant properties. I was able to
reduce the size to a 11GB SQLite file. Still to big. Converting it to SHP
via GDAL/OGR fails too because of a limit of 4GB on creation.

The inital data are points from a DEM in SQL Server 2008. In total 750
million records. In my application I do some spatial operations (intersect)
on this feature source. It pointed out that SQL Server was much to slow and
that was the reason I converted the data to SDF in the past.

So, in the moment I'm not able to work with this feature source. Only way I
can think about is to split the data (SDF/SQlite) in smaller files less than
4GB. But then I have to use up to 4 feature sources for this data and have
to adjust my application.

If no one else have a solution to this I would create a ticket! I personally
think it is a FDO related issue!

Gunter