[mapguide-users] UpdateFeatures on temporary SDF feature source, MgConnectionFailedException

morkl mapguide at morkl.se
Mon Feb 6 09:10:46 EST 2012

Hi all!

I have the following problem in both MGOS 2.2 and MGE2011.

My application creates SDF feature sources and layer definitions in the
session repository to display search results, extracted from the standard
layer. However, in one environment, *sometimes* when adding features to the
SDF feature sources, MgFeatureService.UpdateFeatures fails (after ~30
seconds) with an OSGeo.MapGuide.MgConnectionFailedException:

I followed the stack trace back to ServerConnectionStack.cpp and the only
MgConnectionFailedException there seems to be thrown when it is unable to
obtain a connection within 30 seconds. That explains the 30 seconds it takes
to fail, but I still don't understand why it can't acquire a connection in
the first place? Especially since when I make the application catch the
exception and immediately retry the UpdateFeatures call, it always succeeds
on the second try.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem? Am I doing something
terribly wrong?

Best regards,
Patrik Johansson