[mapguide-users] MGOS Windows Server 2008R2 - mapagent.fcgi / isapi_MapAgent.dll 50x errors

cheesybiscuits thomaschristian at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 15:29:08 EST 2012

I am fighting with MG OS 2.1 on Windows Server 2008R2 (64-bit) and any
suggestions would be really welcome.

IIS (7.5) is running multiple versions of PHP as I have other sites already
on the same server. The mapguide virtual directory is using the 5.2.5 TS
version of PHP it ships with via FastCGI - I don't think the issue is here
but thought it worth mentioning.

All PHP and MapGuide site functionality seems to be working fine (I can
administer the site, load packages, create aliases etc.) *except* for calls
to mapagent/mapagent.fcgi. Under the default application pool configuration
(MapGuideAppPool) all calls return a 500.0 error with no useful info at all.
If I change this app pool's configuration (change .NET version used (which I
don't think should make a difference) or set 'Enable 32-bit applications' to
true) I get either a 504 (no response returned) or 503 (service unavailable)
followed by the app pool crashing.

The ISAPI handler for mapagent.fcgi requests is enabled and correctly points
to C:\Program Files (x86)\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\www\mapagent\isapi_MapAgent.dll

I am testing via the Sheboygan sample application, having loaded the package
and made no changes to the PHP. Fiddler is showing me the HTTP responses.

Nothing is being logged either in the system log, PHP log, or the MapGuide
server log so I have no idea where to go next.

If anyone has experience configuring MG OS 2.1 on this platform, or has ever
seen similar issues with isapi_MapAgent.dll I would be very grateful for any
suggestions. My fallback option is to install bundled MapGuide with Apache
and set up a forwarding site in IIS, but I would really like to avoid this
as both I and the client paying me are much more familiar with IIS than
Apache.

Thanks