[mapguide-users] Re: MGOS Windows Server 2008R2 - mapagent.fcgi / isapi_MapAgent.dll 50x errors

cheesybiscuits thomaschristian at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 21:16:16 EST 2012

I appreciate the suggestion but there is additional complexity here - an
existing PHP application which I am migrating is heavily dependent on the
2.1 PHP sample viewer (the application is essentially just the sample plus
custom code, all in the same scripts) and according to the docs the viewers
needed to change for the PHP 5.3 upgrade.

As yet I have no idea how painful it could be fixing the 2.1 application to
work with the 2.2 API. Based on
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/Release/2.2/Notes the 2.2 release notes
it doesn't look too bad, but 1) things can always end up worse than they
look and 2) I don't see any obvious reason for 2.2 working better than 2.1
on my server configuration.

Is there any particular reason for looking at 2.2 other than it being newer?