[mapguide-users] Problem loading page : server URL?

martind martin.dagan.work at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 06:45:31 EST 2012

Hi all,

I'm a newbie in server configuration, but I hope I'll explain the problem
correctly.

I installed Mapguide Server x64 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 (in 64bits), in
C:\Program Files, with port 8008 (the default one). The Administration
console works fine. I installed Mapguide Maestro (in C:\Program Files
(x86)). My Fusion application (template Slate) works fine (with an URL like
http://localhost:8008/mapguide/fusion/templates/mapguide/slate/index.html?ApplicationDefinition=Library://...)

But now, I would like to access it from outside. On this server, it works
fine for existing IIS applications. Their URL are like
"http:///servername//applicationname". I thought my Mapguide application
would work with
"http:///servername/:8008/mapguide/fusion/templates/mapguide/slate/index.html?ApplicationDefinition=Library://...".

But it is not the case, I have a "Problem loading page", "The connection has
timed out, The server at /servername/ is taking too long to respond."

I gave Local Service and Network Service the read and execute rights on
"C:\Program Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\www" but it didn't change anything.

Any idea? Thanks a lot if you can help!

Martin