[mapguide-users] Measuring US Feet with the MG Measuring Tool

soudemans soudemans at ruekert-mielke.com
Tue Feb 21 15:42:10 EST 2012

Hi,

With our new installation of MG OSGeo our unit settings went back to Miles
where before we were using US Feet.  I found some posts (below) showing how
to fix it, unfortunately it looks like these are older, and don't seem to do
the trick.  Also, I am surprised that there is no "simple" way to change
this.  I can set the units from US standard to metric in the viewer options,
but if I want to change from Kilometer to meter or from Miles to feet I have
to jump through a circus full of hoops (according to the instructions at
least).  So I am hoping I have completely missed something simple.  Any
ideas?  And if it is a circus full of hoops perhaps we can start a request
ticket on this item.

http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/Measure-Tool-distance-in-Feet-not-Miles-td4185710.html
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/Measure-Tool-distance-in-Feet-not-Miles-td4185710.html

http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/Standard-Viewer-Measure-Tool-Miles-to-Feet-td4186678.html