[mapguide-users] Re: multiple coordinate systems SQL spatial?

Jamo adam.jamison at portbris.com.au
Wed Feb 29 22:58:53 EST 2012

using MSSQL Spatial (SQL Server 10.0.2531)

I've not looked at the SRS since I first started using SQL as a datastore,
so the thought hasn't really crossed my mind.
I think the server only supports geography type spatial reference systems ?

to overcome this i can remember setting up the below.

I've setup an ExtendedCoordSys.txt in \Server\Fdo\com directory with my
coordinate system
Not sure if this is required.

for the new geogrphy I've specified 4326 as the srid but it doesn't seem to
transform to the maps coordinate system epsg 28356

/side note that was a lightning fast response!/