[mapguide-users] Get symbol not to zoom

David Das Neves neves at systemtechnik.net
Wed Jan 11 02:02:12 EST 2012

Hello all,

I have a little problem and do not find any way to solve it. So normally when u set a Feature style for an layer with points, you can define the size context the size units.
By this parameters it is possible to give the symbols static sizes so that they don't get smaller when you zoom in on the mapview.

Now I am using a SimpleSymbolDefinition to specify my own type of a symbol. It looks like this which is an arrow:
   <Path>
      <Geometry>M 0, 5
                L 6,8
                L 5, 5.5
                L 10, 5.5
                L 10, 4.5
                L 5, 4.5
                L 6, 2 Z</Geometry>
      <FillColor>FF000000</FillColor>
      <LineColor>FF000000</LineColor>
      <LineWeight>0.1</LineWeight>
    </Path>

In the layer I have specified the symbol like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LayerDefinition xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" version="1.3.0" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="LayerDefinition-1.3.0.xsd">
  <VectorLayerDefinition>
    <ResourceId>Library://Stuttgart/Shapes/Shapes.FeatureSource</ResourceId>
    <FeatureName>Default:Pfeilean</FeatureName>
    <FeatureNameType>FeatureClass</FeatureNameType>
    <PropertyMapping>
      <Name>AUSRICHTUN</Name>
      <Value>AUSRICHTUN</Value>
    </PropertyMapping>
    <Geometry>Geometry</Geometry>
    <VectorScaleRange>
      <MaxScale>7000</MaxScale>
      <CompositeTypeStyle>
        <CompositeRule>
          <LegendLabel />
          <CompositeSymbolization>
            <SymbolInstance>
              <ResourceId>Library://Stuttgart/Symbols/Fliessrichtungspfeil.SymbolDefinition</ResourceId>
              <ParameterOverrides>
                <Override>
                  <SymbolName>Fliessrichtungspfeil</SymbolName>
                  <ParameterIdentifier>Ausrichtung</ParameterIdentifier>
                  <ParameterValue>AUSRICHTUN</ParameterValue>
                </Override>
              </ParameterOverrides>
              <SizeContext>MappingUnits</SizeContext>
            </SymbolInstance>
          </CompositeSymbolization>
        </CompositeRule>
      </CompositeTypeStyle>
    </VectorScaleRange>
  </VectorLayerDefinition>
</LayerDefinition>

This works pretty good with one exception - the arrow is on every zoomlevel very small - nearly possible to see - and gets even smaller when you zoom in.
How can I give this symboldefinition a static size in the map - like specified in centimeters.

I have searched nearly the whole web and did not find a solution that works. I hope you can help me for this.

Thanks

Best Regards

David