[mapguide-users] Area Calculation and web API off by 30%

GordonL gordon.luckett at arrowgeomatics.com
Wed Jan 11 16:57:47 EST 2012

Alright, here is a weird one.

Data - SDF file that is stored in Spherical Mercator
Map - Spherical Mercator

Calculated field - Area sq meters is incorrect.

If I measure using the measure tools (both AJAX and Fusion) it is correct.

If I calculate Area with selected Geometry using Web API area is incorrect.

So both Calculated field and Web API are getting the wrong square meters.

The Calculated field and web API are out by 0.6952995 factor (meaning its
about 30% too big)

Any Ideas?

gordon