[mapguide-users] SQL Server 2008 and computed columns

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Tue Jul 10 00:44:13 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have a table in SQL Server 2008 which has a computed column. When trying
to insert a feature via FDO the insertion fails because MapGuide/FDO expects
this column/property to be set because SQL Server marks it as "NOT NULL".

I also tried to set a dummy value for this column. But this failed too! I
got an error measage that computed columns couldn't be set.

So, my conclusion is that this must be a failure. I would have supposed that
the property for the computed column must be set to ReadOnly, but it wasn't.
ReadOnly attribute was set to "false".

Where do I have to create a ticket for that: FDO or MGOS?

Gunter