[mapguide-users] [MGOS 2.2] compatibility x64 win 2008 apache

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 19:41:53 PDT 2012

it all depends on your maps, with that amount of users,
you will have to use tiled maps to maintain performance

in terms of bandwidth, it depends on the image format you
are serving... JPEG, PNG8 is much smaller than PNG
in terms of bandwidth.

raster is currently single threaded, so if you are serving raster,
you will face a big bottleneck there, if you need this, i'd suggest
donating towards this project

http://www.otxsystems.com/community-initiatives/gdal-provider-initiative.html

for 100 concurrent users, i would looking at a quad core server
with lots of cores, say minimum 6, aka 24 cores

you will need to tune your maps to be very fast for a single user if you
want to scale up to 100 users