[mapguide-users] Translation of Maestro 5

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 20:03:57 PDT 2012

Hi Gunter,

I last tested the translation system for Maestro 3.0 with no problems,
though nobody has approached me since with a fully translated language pack
that I could bundle in. v4.0 and v5.0 are not too radically different in
terms of design/architecture so the existing procedure should still be
applicable.

There's lots of localizable strings in the Maestro codebase. In terms of
localization effort, my rough estimate says it will probably be 2-3x that of
Maestro 2.x. That estimate was based purely on solution size.

- Jackie