[mapguide-users] Re: Set Selection in Fusion

GordonL gordon.luckett at arrowgeomatics.com
Wed Mar 14 08:15:05 EDT 2012

When you "alert" your XML is it correct?  Is there data?

If so, it might be your Fusion SetSelectionXML function.

function SetSelectionXML(selectionXml) {
    var Fusion = window.top.Fusion;
    var mapWidget = Fusion.getWidgetById(mgApiMapWidgetId);
    if (mapWidget && mapWidget.isMapLoaded()) {
        mapWidget.setSelection(selectionXml, true);
    }
}

The line "var Fusion = window.top.Fusion;" may need to be tweaked.  In my
case, I always embed the page in an iFrame so I would have to change this
line to "var Fusion = window.top.iFrameMap.Fusion;"

so watch for that.

Also, I would put an alert in this function so you know its being called.

Finally, I find debugging javascript with chrome is sometimes easier than
Firebug.