[mapguide-users] Re: Label Style problem

Jamo adam.jamison at portbris.com.au
Mon Mar 19 21:08:11 EDT 2012

Captainst

Check the layerdefinition found here
http://mapguide.osgeo.org/files/mapguide/docs/webapi/xml_schemas/LayerDefinition110/LayerDefinition.html#element_Label_Link06B508F0

It shows AdvancedPlacement with a scaleLimit attribute.

layerdef wrote

> The maximum amount any label is allowed to shrink in order to fit into the
> feature.  For example, 0.8 means that the label can shrink until it is 80%
> of the original size.  1.0 means that the label cannot shrink.  If not
> specified, the application should assume 1.0.

Perhaps add this to your lines label definition and see if that works,
should fix the scaling issue.

I think the rest is a product of your geometry perhaps each line is broken
several times rather than being one entity, therefore it has many words
crammed in or too many segments to fit the label in?

These are just thoughts.