[mapguide-users] Strange tooltip behavior

Rachot Moragraan moo at ci.garden-grove.ca.us
Fri Mar 23 11:34:29 EDT 2012

We have the same problem here with the similar set up. We also cannot select a layer based on a PG view.

It would seem that because the mapguide pg fdo cant fetch the primary key information for a view it is unable to "select" it on the map.

I would assume it is a similar issue with tooltip.

Our solution has been to create a materialized view instead. Being an actual table, we can create primary keys and mapguide seems to recognize that fine.

Currently we create triggers on associated tables to update the materialized view. In the future, I believe the PG team will have a builtin / automated method for this.

If anyone knows a better solution, please share! I would love to know too!