[mapguide-users] Dumb question

Jacob Maggard jacob.maggard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 00:32:10 EDT 2012

RE: [mapguide-users] Dumb question

Apologies, but I have a rollout deadline and this still isn't fixed.....need
help!

I'd like to be able to render coords in the status bar as DD and measure in
feet at the same time, without switching over.

I can set base coord units to feet (using ViewOptions XML) and the tool will
then measure in feet.  Then, if I switch units during that session (perhaps
to see DD coords), there is no way to get back to measure in feet without a
full service refresh.

Coordinates in feet do not mean much to users when we are in WebMercator.

I cannot set the measure tool itself to feet in its XML......it's as if it
disregards that entry.

If we have coords in degrees, the best it seems we can do is switch to
imperial miles for measurement.  In that case, it won't calc area.
(http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-MapGuide/Measure-Widget/m-p/3366317#
M3229)