SV: [mapguide-users] Re: adding a points layer from ODBC problem

markiesla mark.spence at aitspatial.co.uk
Fri Mar 30 14:22:20 EDT 2012

I am now facing the same issue when trying to migrate to 2.2

If the feature source has already been configued in say 2.1 or MGE2010 it
all works fine.

On a new feature source, the tables preview properly if you don't have the
geometry specified. However, as soon as you define the geometry columns
through the Maestro->Edit Schema the problem arises.

It doesn't appear to make any difference if you are connecting to a table or
a query.

Maybe this is the obstacle we need to move to a "proper" database. However,
a lot of our clients llike Access - they feel comfortable with it.

Anyone have any suggestions?