[mapguide-users] Re: Scaling of mapguide opensource 2.2

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Mon May 7 23:28:08 EDT 2012

with the changes to the windows ACE usage in  2.4 & 64 bit support,
mapguide should scale up much better on a large multi-core machine

the main reason support servers was dropped as being an option was that
the overhead of the clustering was pretty excessive. (when I say dropped
I mean not actively exposed, tested or maintained)

the only exception is GDAL which is still only single threaded.

If anyone needs multi threaded GDAL, we need some sponsorship to
fund some development to get it working....

Sadly, whilst lots of people use MapGuide Open Source for commercial
projects, hardly anybody donates money towards the project

As someone who puts a fair bit of time into the project and has funded
several improvements, this is a continual source of ongoing disappointment